Hey guys! Next weekend, I’m going to be at Stitches Midwest… am I going to see you there? It coincides with the Chicago Yarn Crawl that starts today and goes until August 7!
I’ve really enjoyed reading about the Australian Sheep and Wool Show
What I’m up to
I did some woodworking! I made a toy box for Maddie from American Cherry, and I’m really proud of it!
This is the hardest woodworking project I’ve done so far. I used these torsion hinges which keep the lid open at any angle- it means little fingers won’t get smashed! For this hinge, you need to weigh the lid for proper functioning, I feel very lucky to live near a Rockler Woodworking shop. It’s a lot like the quality assistance you get from a good yarn shop.
I finished the box with tung oil, which gives a great finish. It’s good to go outside of your comfort zone!
Tips and Tutorials
More Great Links
- WOW. Next I’m going to learn to Tapestry Bead Crochet.
- I was also really inspired by this crochet photo on Instagram… what a great pattern!
- 5 ways to stop caring about what people think. Who doesn’t need that advice?
- Abby Glassenberg wrote a really interesting post about how shrinking ad dollars are changing the quilting industry, and applies to the yarn industry, as well!
- Check out this granny square collection!
- This is just adorable.
Let me hear from you!
I’m hoping to see a few of you in person this weekend… and then I’ll be on vacation for a week! Happy summer!