I hope you’ve had an awesome time with Kool-Aid Dye Week… I know I’ve had a blast experimenting! Did you give any of the techniques a try? If so… show it off!
In case you missed it…
I’ve posted tutorials for quite a few ways of using Kool-Aid to dye your yarn! If you missed them, don’t worry… here’s a wrap-up:
Click on any of the following links to zip to the tutorial!
- Getting Started with Kool-Aid Dyeing
- How to Kettle Dye with Kool-Aid
- How to Dye Multi-color Skeins with Kool-Aid
- How to Dye Long Colorways (aka Self-Striping Yarn) with Kool-aid, part 1
- How to Dye Long Colorways (aka Self-Striping Yarn) with Kool-aid, part 2
- How to Ply Kool-Aid Dyed Yarn for a Barber-pole/Marl Look
Check out what I made!
While I made a few knitted & crocheted swatches for Dye Week, I couldn’t wait to get started on a project! And since my favorite technique is dyeing the long colorways, I started with that skein, first!
Check out my socks!
EEE! Don’t you love it! In retrospect, I might have dyed smaller sections to get narrower stripes, but I’m not complaining… I think these are super-fun!
Show me what you’ve got!
I wanna see it!
Share your experiences with Kool-Aid dyeing in the comments section!
Better yet, write a blog post showing off your awesome yarn, and share the link in the comments! Then we can all see what awesome work you’ve done!