If you knit/crochet a lot… chances are you suffer from some achy wrists! I know that during last week, when I was crocheting up a storm, I certainly did!
Here are a few exercises that I do to relieve my sore wrists. Try to give these a whirl every hour or so while you’re working.
1. Swirl your wrist around! I don’t even know if this counts as an ‘exercise’… but moving your wrist in all sorts of directions (especially the directions it doesn’t move while you’re knitting/crocheting) really helps it out.
2. Prayer position. This is a little move I picked up from yoga class… it’s just like prayer position, but you’ll want to raise your elbows a little (while keeping your wrists still) to get a nice stretch in your wrist area.
3. Reverse wrist stretch. This one is the opposite of the stretch in point 2. Lay the back of your hand on a table, and press down lightly with your arm.
4. Rub those wrist bones! Use your thumb and massage all those little bones and tendons (and whatever else) that are in your wrist.
5. Squeeze. With your opposite hand, just squeeze your wrist. This gets all of your joint fluid flowing around.
Happy wrists make a happy knitter/crocheter!